ADSL2+ MODEM and Splitter Installing
As I trying to establish an ADSL2+ service in my home, I encounter the following (pseudo)Problems;
frankly, all of these are arising from our district ISP! :
* I wanna to Install an ADSL2+ MODEM (ISP is providing) & Splitter(I've no one just now).
* I havn't any experience on installing an ADSL2+ MODEM & Splitter, but i'm going to try/learn it if FreeBSD.
* ISP offer some kind of product that no one give me the entire requrement
* Beside their offers, their technician just can woking on Windows systems.
* what I need :
- LAN(RJ-11/Ethernet) & PPPOE(I just have FreeBSD!)
- Wireless(for laptop) & Wired (to desktop) -
- ADSL2+ Cabability (ISP provide it)
- And of cource with low/average cost () for using at home atmost 3~4 PC/Laptop and no need for simultanously connection or High definition Router_ing,...
* I was investigating some models and at the end, I was found a few models from "Billion co" that fit to my requrements.
But ISP said:
1- You(I !) can't Install MODEM & Splitter, it's a compliceted process.
2- your desired MODEM's are not in our list (They use some others of >> Billion << & other brands too)
and/if Your MODEM maybe OR Could make problem for Our NET as a whole and you will responsible.
1- Is there any Detailed guide for installing ADSL2+ MODEM & splitter?
2- Is it realy complicated?
3- Is it true that MODEM can make troble for other users on ISP?
4- They offer some products that with a exception of one of them all are ADSL not ADSL2+ (I'd reviewed their Details on Net).
I know that ADSL & ADSL2+ are different systems, but Is is posible to connect to a ADSL2+ system by a ADSL MODEM?
mehrshad moslehi ---- vigol ---- vigolyas
|adsl2+, billion, install, modem, splitter|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Compatible ADSL MODEM||vigol||FreeBSD General||2||17th November 2009 11:30 AM|
|[F1] write usb modem driver||raixun||Programming||7||17th July 2008 12:06 PM|
|proftpd and ppp modem||mtx||General software and network||3||11th June 2008 12:33 PM|
|USB EV-DO modem support||Bruco||FreeBSD General||1||6th June 2008 10:50 PM|
|Choosing a modem for freebsd 7.0||Johnny2Bad||General Hardware||3||6th May 2008 03:44 AM|