NetBSD 5 as a desktop
I want to use netbsd 5 as a desktop os on my laptop. I want gnome as my desktop. So I have some questions:
1) Is there a meta binary package for gnome which will install the complete gnome set.
2) On linux we have hal and fam which handles auto mount and other stuff in gnome, what all packages do I need to install to get similar functionality on netbsd.
3) I read in netbsd 5 release note that their is now a journalized filesystem, how do i enable that, what all options do i have to select during installation.
4) I have a 160 gd hdd so what should be the ideal partitioning for a desktop setup, I want to dedicate whole disk to NetBSD.
5) I searched on pkgsrc.se and the complete list on pkgsrc.org but i couldn't find gnome full text search app called tracker, doesn't NetBSD support it. I use tracker and 'gnome-do' a lot.
Last edited by jaideep_jdof; 11th September 2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Forgot something
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Your Desktop OS?||Carpetsmoker||Off-Topic||81||12th November 2011 11:17 PM|
|Fastest 64 bit desktop OS?||Randux||General software and network||8||11th January 2009 11:05 PM|
|FreeBSD KDE/GUI DESKTOP HELP||rave_mystery_inc||FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading||5||5th July 2008 06:18 AM|
|How about desktop applications thread||revzalot||Feedback and Suggestions||3||19th May 2008 07:36 PM|
|[Help] Making the desktop in [BSD 7.0]||seadog109||FreeBSD General||15||9th May 2008 05:10 AM|