Building a New System, Ideas
My Dell Optiplex GX620 is proving to be rather slow for my needs, so I'm planning on building a new system. I intended on going for Core i7, but that's too expensive. I've listed the configuration below. Please let me know what you think.
- FreeBSD 7-STABLE/8-CURRENT (not sure)
- General multimedia (music, videos, ripping, converting, etc.)
- File sharing/hosting/server
- Print server
- General development
- Desktop tasks (word processing, internet, etc.)
- Apevia X-QBOII MicroATX case w/ 500W PSU
- LG 22X DVD +/- RW Dual Layer LightScribe
- (2 sets for total of 8 GB) 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-800
- Intel G45 Micro Motherboard w/ X4500HD Graphics
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
- Seagate 500GB SATA II HDD
Do the Intel drivers support the X4500HD including accelerated 3d?
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
MacBook Pro (Darwin 9), iMac (Darwin 9), iPod Touch (Darwin 9), Dell Optiplex GX620 (FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Building a Server with FreeBSD 7||anomie||Book reviews||10||16th April 2009 01:13 PM|
|Error building world 6.3 -> 6.4||chavez243||FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading||1||7th January 2009 01:31 PM|
|FreeBSD 7.0 kernel building...||daemonFromHeaven||FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading||4||3rd September 2008 02:42 PM|
|Spare PC, need ideas for putting it to use||TerryP||Off-Topic||9||21st July 2008 02:10 PM|
|Which file system use to share data on Bsd system?||aleunix||Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like||2||1st June 2008 04:14 PM|